Ken Field played a track from Aardvark’s Faces of Souls CD (“Lament for the City”) on his New Edge show Tuesday, October 13. He also played a track from A Rite for All Souls (“The Rite Concluded”).
The New Edge program features 2 hours each week of mostly instrumental creative new music, composed and improvised at the intersection of classical, jazz, and world styles.
The show streams at http://wmbr.org and broadcasts at 88.1fm in the Boston area from 2-4pm.
Missed it? Hear the recording. Archives are available at WMBR.
Playlist for October 13, 2020:
- Compagnie Christian Vieussens/Noche en Vela/CIRMA/Arc 96
- Travis Laplante & Yarn-Wire/Inner Garden/New Amsterdam/Inner Garden III
- Tom Guarna/Spirit Science/Destiny Records/Lullaby for Lena
- Timothy McAllister & Liz Ames/Notturno/Xas/Walking on the Ceiling II. Floating-Breathing (David Biedenbender)
- Three Point Circle/Layered Contingencies/Palace of Lights/Vertical Hold
- Thomas Hass & Thomas Agergaard/Double Drums/Apple/Spooky Moments
- Stephan Micus/White Night/ECM/The River
- Stephan Micus/White Night/ECM/The Moon
- Sokratis Sinopoulos Quartet/Metamodal/ECM/Dawn
- Sara Schoenbeck & Wayne Horvitz/Cell Walk/Songlines/Sleeper Ship
- Robin Cox/You Never Fade/Cox/Tetra
- Rain Sultanov/Influence/Ozella/Behind the Sky
- Oded Tzur/Here Be Dragons/ECM/Here Be Dragons
- Mick Rossi & Johnnie Valentino/Fallout/Robot Love/Sequestered
- Mark Harvey/A Rite for All Souls/Americas Musicworks/The Rite Continued
- ➡▶Aardvark Jazz Orch/Faces of Souls/Leo Records/Lament for the City
- Benjamin Koppel/Art of the Quartet/Unit Records/Follow